Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WWC: teaPOT, Phone, M for murder!







Today is the weekly word challenge with Tink. P and favorite movie. I realized that the last movie we saw, which was 'Dial M for Murder' by Hitchcock (maybe not my favorite, but it could be--twas good). The movie has closeups of phones like ours here. We use 2 antique phones, one from about 1932-34 which has a seperate box for the bell ringer, and the other which is from I think 1936. Both work fine, amazing eh? SO, you can see that I very cleverly combined the movie title with P. HA!
That dirty lump is the studio phone. I scrape the clay off it from time to time....

14 comments:

A said...

You own some stunning antique phones Gary - it's even more rare that you actually appear to be using them.

Lynda said...

Gary, you just can't beat the old dial phones and yours look amazing. Now, that "princess" phone could use a bath! Oh, and "peace!"

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Gary- no wonder there is always a bit of an echo when we speak on the phone!

kate et Jim said...

When I was growing up, we had a phone just like the one in the 3rd photo.

Our exchange was EX2. Over in the next little village from here the exchange was FU6 !!!

Fortune Cookies said...

I so want your phones! Great job!

denis said...

do you still have a party line on that antique phone?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

no, not a party line.....

Hilary said...

Antique phones? Geesh, I had one of those clunky black phones growing up. Montreal had a VIctor exchange too. Ours was HUnter though. Very cool combo of letter and movie. Well done! (though it would have been incredible if the letter had been M). ;)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Uh, I see a red handprint in that last photo. Is that from the murder victim or the murderer? ;)

Janet said...

Love those old dial phones!

cookingwithgas said...

hey-we have some old phones too- not using them any more and we grived the one we lost in the fire. Wall phone all caked with clay.

fiwa said...

I love that phone! Dial M for Murder is one of my favorites - but I like Rear Window better. Very good job with the pictures! You should have added a P picture for you - Potter!

Reb said...

Well done! I love all of Hitchcock's movies and that is the perfect phone for Dial "M" for Murder! Love the teapot too.

Aunt Jackie said...

Genius! I love it.