Thursday, April 9, 2009

a little pot


(wee little pots by Gary Rith)

My wife was perhaps a wee bit embarrassed today. She was gonna send the link to THIS BLOG to a friend, but when she saw the, you know, babes that have featured prominently, she said she'd wait a couple days.
"When are you gonna post more POTS on your pottery blog????".
To which I reply: "Gary Rith Pottery Blog and Babes"??????
And then I change the header to something rude and put down a naughty joke here. Be careful about asking me to clean up my act, I'll go further off the edge....

(tee hee, a pottery joke!)
My wife and I decided to go sightseeing across the border in Tijuana, Mexico. While there, we went shopping and bought a few pieces of clay kitchenware. As we crossed back into the United States, a customs official asked if we had anything of value to report. "Not really," my wife replied, digging in her bag for the bean crock she had purchased. Everyone around us froze as she continued, "I only bought a little pot."

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Haha! awesome. btw, I'll be using one of your little vases in an upcoming story about the poppets and the robots. :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Too funny! I think I heard that one coming....:-)

Happy Potty Day for you! I meant party day! FYI, gave kids their pencils early for surprise! They loved them. Especially, Lil'Gal who kept trying to steal my Rith pencils!

Jason, as himself said...

I've always wanted to try a little pot.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Smiling here...

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I LOL ... we were on a Mexico cruise and I had to declare that we had purchased a doggie pancho and tuxedo. Yep, the custom guy did take a tad longer with us. :-)

Jeannette StG said...

Now, your little pot -don't you call that a vase??