Tuesday, April 7, 2009

be CURVEY!

















(teaset by Gary Rith)
I was thinking Sunday "how do people get that curvy and asymetrical thing?" and so I threw a teapot body and hacked out a couple of pieces and pushed it around and HOLY cats it worked. And so I made 2 matching cups to go with.
But then yesterday I am assembling the thing and the base breaks through and the handle falls off, and I am like WTF! OK, tricky, but I see how to finish this thing, and I make a better teapot body (kept the lid--it looked good) and now HERE is the triumphant and curvy teaset. I was also thinking at the time "well, if the body is curvy, make the handle curvy too, and while you're at it, make the spout curvy too!".
So, as I say all the time, I am very experimental and I try new stuff all the time, and this idea is a KEEPER.

8 comments:

Jerry said...

Looks like your banner is curvy, too. Isn't it a tad early to be whipping out the cake-carrying-bikini-babe?

Nice curves on those pots, btw.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I am trying to get everybody ready for April 8th. SHE IS ready.

Reb said...

Love this! Can't wait to see how you glaze it.

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call 'Pottery with ATTITUDE!'

denis said...

i LOVE the curvy pot.

kate et Jim said...

Hmmmm - what's happening on April 8th?????

Really, Gary - babes in bikinis??? Maude is more clever than that!

Lynda said...

Oh man...I see me spending more loot!

Cindy Powers said...

Wonderful shape. Your should do more of these.