Tuesday, April 28, 2009

petit chocolate gateau and le tortilla surprise


(piggy bowl by Gary Rith)
You love leftovers, esp. leftovers full of onions and garlic. Things get a little more pungent on day two.
Missus Chawclat Cake might get thin and waste away so I baked her a cake (and warmed up the last of the tortilla surprise), and I used the lazy-man's frosting method: toss a load of chocolate chips across the top of the cake when it comes out hot. They melt in. I was feeling nutty and added some of theose too.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

The tortilla looks good to me.

Lou said...

yummers! wish I had vegan choccie chips like those, they look great :)

kate et Jim said...

Oh my! Mrs. Chawclat Cake might get thin??? I should be so thin. I was thin a few years ago. I was always thin.

*sigh* I don't know what happened.

Susan as Herself said...

Chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fiwa said...

That vase is GORGEOUS! Oh my gawd! I was drooling over the cake until I opened your site to comment and saw the vase. It really is beautiful.

I'm still drooling over the cake too. Sure you guys don't need a girl friday? I work for chocolate. ;)

Tink said...

Isn't putting chocolate chips on a cake harder than just frosting it? ;)

Either way, YUMM-Y!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I tried taking photos of dishes before, and they always look like hell. I have the biggest respect for food stylists now. :-)

BTW I did a kielbasa stir fry tonight, and it wasn't half bad.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Um, Gary. I don't know. You miiiight just need a little more chocolate there. :-D

*snicker* "Got Chocolate?"

Emily SIL said...

Thank you for keeping Maude's "body and soul together" as our Grandmother would have said. I love the little smiling, round-bellied piggy poking out between the tortilla and the cake. You must go through chocolate chips by the metric ton in your house.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I think that piggy likes your cooking! Maude is a lucky woman. :)