Sunday, April 12, 2009

'Its the Easter Beagle!'



(Penny, the Easter Beagle)

So yesterday Kimbo is coming up for a visit and as we are getting into the car it looks like there is a nail in a tire so (just like in 'A Christmas Story') I tell Missus Easter Bunny that she should call Kimbo on the cell and tell her we are delayed a minute or 2, and I have the car up on the jack and I am pulling off the tire and HORROR OF HORRORS the jack is falling over and the car is rolling (um, be careful, as everybody knows, of putting a jack on soft ground, and also as everybody knows, blocks the tires) but I manage to stop the car before it rolls down the slope through the picket fence and Missus Easter Bunny goes next door and gets their jack and up goes the car a second time and switch tires but we're late to meet Kimbo, which she understands and they go to the bead store and I go and get the tire patched by the thieves at Monro and I get back to the bead store and Kimbo watches me put on the patched tire while Missus EB continues to shop then Kimbo is like 'let's get a beer!' so we go to one of my favorite ratty bars for popcorn and a pint, and as everybody knows, Kimbo is FULL of goofy sh!t plus she has a NICE camera, and so, here we are, Easter morning.





(Mister and Missus and a wee little creamer)

12 comments:

A said...

Trust me, Easter morning was much quieter over here :-)

kate et Jim said...

Happy Easter, Gary and Maude!

Yesterday, sounds like it was a real trial! The beer probably tasted even better than usual after all that!

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

well... aside from changing the tire, i'm so envious of your easter morning. imagine a pint a popcorn, i'm salivating. love the carving all over the wall, those are the best kinds of taverns

Anonymous said...

oh... and penny is so tolerant

Kimberly said...

The whole drive home I was thinking about and humming the old Sinatra song from the 60's,

"Bubbles Bangles and Beads"..... for some reason.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Penny is totally mellow, and The Chapter House is very well carved, although I am thinking about my own little carved addition somewhere...

Real Live Lesbian said...

What great pics of you two!!! Happy Easter to you and th' missus!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awww, how cute.


Wait. You were at the bar Easter Morning??? LOL!

Amy said...

Happy Easter! Great pic of the two of you.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Lovely froggie and glaze on that wee little pitcher.

Wait, did you say BEAD STORE?!?!?
Really?? Photos, please!!
I miss my bead store:
http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/

I lived 5 miles away from it in WA and it was an Experience to shop there!

Hilary said...

lol.. love the Easter beagle.. and lovely photos of the two of you. :)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I LOL on the Easter Beagle. But ugh on the tire ... through the whole story, my brain is saying, "Call AAA." They *know* me at AAA. I call for 'em just to put air in my tires. :-)