Monday, April 6, 2009

"I like Pigs"



I think Winston Churchill said it this way:
"Cats look down on you, dogs look up to you but pigs look you straight in the eye. I like pigs." I do too.

So my friend Cheri's young daughter Rat surprises me last week with a package containing this SWEET piggy box and YOU KNOW I want to make something like it myself, and so I did! The one thing I did was make the knob into the piggy snout. Thanks Rat for a great inspiration!

Yesterday I was so pleased, speaking of pigs. I get this message from a veterinarian (Cornell Vet school is just up the road and there are hundreds of vets in Ithaca). This vet is a pig lover too, but serious. Heidi had grown up on a pig farm and is now a large animal vet, working on large animals obviously, but a lot of pigs this year in particular. She and her family came over to talk pigs, look at pig pottery and watch a demo, and happily wander off with talk of 'we'll need to order a half dozen pig mugs....'. Doesn't everybody???????

10 comments:

kate et Jim said...

Both piggies are beautiful! Nice job - Rat and Gary.

Gordo said...

Ditto. The pig box is a great idea.

denis said...

cool box!

Anonymous said...

i hear them pigs are mighty smart too.

Jay said...

I like pigs too. Cause that's where bacon comes from. ;-)

kate et Jim said...

LOL - Jay!

Glennis said...

How great, pg mugs for the vet school. Do they have a gift shop? What an outlet!

I don't think I've ever seen a real pig, really close up.

Kimberly said...

I wuvs dem widdo pigs too. But I wikes widdo dogs better.

r garriott said...

Great pottery! Very original. Glad I found you, look forward to seeing what you do next!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

oooh, it looks like a torilla warmer! ;-)