Saturday, April 18, 2009

Friday's Five Favorites: goin' to the show







This Regular Guy likes movies a lot, and Lynda asks, and The Regular Guy is 24 hours late here, what are your five favorites? Let's call this list of mine 'the five favorites that quickly come to mind'.

1. Roman Holiday with Gregory peck and Audrey Helpburn---long before Brad Pitt got onto a scooter, there was Peck on a scooter.
---I love a certain type of classic romantic movie, and tonight we watch Cary Grant and grace kelly in To Catch a Thief which is almost too much yumminess to bear.

2. Diva! My very impressionable teenage anarcho-punk self watched this movie repeatedly, a stylish New wave thriller in the early 80s just like

3. Blade Runner, another stylish new wave thriller from the 80s which

4. Spinal Pap, I mean Spinal Tap is NOT a stylish new wave thriller, more like a heavy metal hair extravaganza. WICKED FUNNY.

5. And if you want to entertain me anyday, give me a classic Disney flick like lady and the Tramp--swoon! Doggy love! Pinnochio, Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast....

"This one goes to eleven" from Spinal Tap.

10 comments:

Lynda said...

Nice selection, Gary... and Greg (we're close like that) is looking fantastic!

Jay said...

I think that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie, but "Roman Holiday" is a close second.

Classic Disney movies are always fun.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I'm with Lady and the Tramp! All time great Disney movie!

red dirt girl said...

Having to narrow the field to five ... is like asking a girl to narrow her shoe wardrobe down to five pairs: Impossible!!

Love, love Lady and the Tramp. I played it over and over again when I bought it for "the kids"

Blade Runner - iconic 80's along with Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club.

Grace Kelly in Rear Window - deliciously sinister.

The Full Monty to your Spinal Tap. But did enjoy all the 'rituals' associated with viewing The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time. I felt sooo naughty. heh.

recently: too many to name. The ones that stick: Little Miss Sunshine; Memoirs of a Geisha (visually stunning); Talladega Nights - that red dirt thang ....

piggies ! yipee !
xxx
rdm

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ALL of those are great selections too!

Barbara said...

Diva!! How many times did I watch that one. Polka music - who knew?. It's just been re-released.

Susan as Herself said...

To Catch a Thief is one of my favorites as well. And Rear Window is close on the list too! I'm not a big Disney person, but instead I like the Pixar flicks---Toy Story and Toy Story II are genius!!!

Jason, as himself said...

I love that Lady and the Tramp makes you swoon.

Anonymous said...

Spinal Tap!!

The guys are watching "Bolt" right now. I prefer "Lady and the Tramp" myself.

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Gimme "Sunset Blvd"

"MAX!" ... "I am big; it's the pictures that got small." Gosh, Art hates when I watch it -- I go around quoting for at least a day.

Others:

"Some Like it Hot"

"Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (see a trend?)

"Big Eden" -- a *sweet* movie

"Steel Magnolias"

Boy, I am gaying *big time*

:-)