Wednesday, April 8, 2009

1 : 364


Most days in my life are pretty special. I make what I want to make, I bake cookies, I hang out with Missus Wonderful and our cats and dogs, but they spoil me a little today.
God sent me a little package for my birthday, a nice little coating of snow. Who was it said April is the cruelest month?
I was born, since you're dying to know, in Nebraska April 8, and I am now 43. I was bald then with a big purple birthmark on my head. Later blonde hair grew in and covered the birthmark, which later still became dark and curly.
I got a 10 speed on my tenth birthday.
I got Buster, our old Lab, 10 years ago on my birthday.
3 years ago I got a purple house for my birthday.
This year I got a TAT for my birthday.

My dream hamster showed up last night with a card. It never gave me the card or even showed me the card, just clutched the card to its chest. Its the thought that counts.

21 comments:

Gordo said...

Everybody needs a tatoo for their birthday. :-)

Happy happy, Potter-man!

Wep said...

Happybl birthday to my favorite potter!!!!

Hilary said...

Happy birthday... wishing you continued happiness always. :)

g-man said...

It's not a tattoo of a purple birthmark on the top of your head is it? :)

Happy Birthday !!!! Aside from being cruel it is the bestest month to have a birthday in.

Enjoy!!!

denis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!

enjoy your special day and i hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Tricia said...

Happy, happy birthday and may your whole year be filled with the things you love.

Jessica said...

Yay Gary! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!! :)

J said...

Happy Birthday!

Kimberly said...

Oh my God!! Happy birthday and best of wishes. May them pots keep coming!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gary! How old was it you said you were? Have fun or should I say have more fun than usual.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

43 and thank you!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

43 going on FIVE I should say. Still a kindergartner at heart.

A said...

Enjoy your birthday Gary!

Did you actually get yourself your purple house for your birthday 3y ago?

Quite an impressive gift ;-)

Jerry said...

Dang paparazzi follow you everywhere, don't they?

Happiest of birthdays!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

there you are in the bathroom, and you can hardly see what with the flashes going off---
YES, we got a purple house for my 40th birthday, thanks...

The Rat said...

Happy Birthday!


~The Rat

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Awwww, I wanna know what's on the hamster's card!

Anndi said...

You make April even better :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I've never had dream hamsters show up with a card on MY birthday. Just sayin' you are a lucky man.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, there are 43 exclamation points for you. Turn 'em upside down and they look like candles. Woot!!

Sorry I missed the actual day -- we were driving back from ______.

Just Me said...

Oh! Sorry I missed the day. But the biggest HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya!!

Miss Heather said...

I didn't know you were born in Nebraska!! I lived there for three years at one point in my life. Hee hee. You're a Cornhusker at heart!!! :)