Thursday, April 9, 2009

the morning after the Day of the French FRY


















I forgot to mention yesterday that the restaurant said "hey, here's a big basket of crispy fries because they are a little slow in the kitchen tonight" (they weren't slow at all, but it was a nice gesture) and then after we inhale all those tasty fries, they bring out my tofu burger and MORE fries and I am like "heck, its my BIRTHDAY for Gawd's sake" and eat all that too. I was thinking that I wouldn't need any cake. You would also think I was sick, but I wasn't, and I came home and had a whopping good night's sleep and DREAMT, if you can believe it, that:
I was going into my last year of high school and I started a new school, all of which is true, and that I had been a bad boy my previous year of school, also true, and that my new teacher in my new school was Jenny McCarthy.
It was my birthday. I am allowed to dream that Jenny McCarthy was my teacher in high school.
The squirrels on the Cornell campus are wicked tame, and yesterday this guy hops up to me with a "whaddya got?" look on his face, and I ask the missus for a cashew, BUT she doesn't wanna share her cashews and gives me this carrot and the little guy SNIFFS and goes looking for a trash can.


8 comments:

denis said...

you should have captured him and given him to kim. you know how much she loves squirrels.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I know, little squirrel fritters, squirrel stew, squirrel con queso!

Anonymous said...

sometimes i think the little buggers will eat anything... they ate my peonies last year, well they only picked them and discarded them but you'd think they know what it is before they pick every one... 'course these here are them city squirrels. great pic of the little pup on your header.

Kimberly said...

I'll see if I can catch one for Saturday morning and bring it up to you.

The last one I got was a real grand-daddy.

fiwa said...

Penny sayz look deeply into my eyes. I will hypnotize you... into giving me all your food!

I think you are allowed to dream about Jenny McCarthy on your birthday. But your birthday is over now, so it's back to hamsters for you.

That is one spoiled squirrel!

Lynda said...

Jeepers, Gary... what was she teaching you??

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ahem....

kate et Jim said...

Jimbo is home and I showed him this post...he's a happy guy!