Friday, February 27, 2009

that desert island question


Laurie Anderson was asked the desert island question on the radio a few years ago, and she was pretty adament, her love Lou Reed (tres cool--Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed together) absolutely HAD to be able to go with her. Wouldn't talk to the interviewer unless he let her bring Lou along.
Then there was Tom Hanks in that movie, what did he have, a volleyball to talk to?

So I ask myself everyday, what would I need on a desert island? Scenario one: my little boat reaches the island with the wife and pets and a load of canned pineapple and veggie chili. Scenario two: I land on the island with NOTHING. Hmm.

I'll answer both. In scenario one, where I have my nearest and dearest with me, and plenty of food? I'd have to have a weekly subscription to the New Yorker. A little airplane flying by every Friday, dropping a parachute with my magazine in it.
Scenario two? Give me my leatherman. it can DO IT.

YOUR turn---take either scenario or both and tell us your desert island necessities? What one thing?

11 comments:

Lynda said...

I might need air conditioning... is that too much to ask??

Gordo said...

Either with the family or without, we'd be just fine. Of course, I'm picture Simcoe as my desert island: loads of fruit and grains, some fish and others beasties if need be.

The Wave is the first Leatherman to tempt me away from my Gerber.

J said...

Well, for both scenarios: my home brewing set, and enough grain, fresh water, and hops on the island to keep me awash in "I Don't Remember" juice for the rest of my days.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

SUNSCREEN and fresh H2O! Good time to start my diet-again!

I was pregnant when the Tom Hanks movie came out- everyone thought I named Wilson after the volleyball!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

You start to think about some of these things: a nice comfy, dry cave without bears or snakes, no mosquitos, plenty of palm trees and coconuts, a sweet little stream for water...I mean, you don't want to be just STUCK on an island, you have to have a few comforts and neccesities

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

See now, Cheri is thinking! I got my idea from the photo... I think the professor would be a good one to have. Although, he really should have gotten them OFF the island, doncha think?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I think that Maryann and Ginger are looking pretty good....

Crafter of Khnum said...

The one thing I would want... a smoking hot female version of Bear Grylls who also had the Leatherman on her.

If it were my whole family, well then yes, we'd be the Swiss Family Robinson fer sure.

Glennis said...

Back when I was working as a stagehand, we lady-stagehands called this a "Leatherperson".

Miss Heather said...

I agree with Cheri... Johnny Depp for sure. And my subscription to People. I can't live without doing the Puzzler each week. :)

TELL MAUDE HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM MEEEE!!!

I have a gift for her... just not in the mail yet. I'm so behind, I suck. Let her know I'll be thinking of her on Sunday. :)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Gin.

Yep, that would solve everything.

:-)