Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Le Tuesday


(Fall Creek Gorge on the Cornell campus)
So yesterday I was walking across this gorge, and you have to notice the BLUE ice. Last 2 days have been totally warm (32!) but more of that typical crummy stuff expected today.
That groundhog thing? If all we had was 6 more weeks of winter we would BE SO LUCKY. The warmest place I have ever lived is Chicago----I have never seen spring and really warm stuff until more like late April, which is about 10 weeks after Groundhog Day.
I hated that stinking movie. I am prejudiced against Andie MacDowell. She reminds me of an ex-girlfriend. Bleh!
SO, as I said yesterday, hanging a show, and 2 more of these Ben/Gary tiles came out. These look even better than the first one.

10 comments:

kate et jim said...

So what's with the 'blue' ice? Why are those sections blue?

Gordo said...

Yeah, what's up with that?

denis said...

yeah, what's the deal?

Jessica said...

Pretty! :)

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

I was wondering if there is some pipe coming out of some laboratory with some mystery effluvia....

kate et jim said...

I think it's a question for that question place on The Cornell Campus site!

kcinnova said...

Well, Gary, I think you need to find out the answer about the blue ice and let us know in a new post!

I need to watch Groundhog Day again. I happen to like Andie MacDowell, and Bill Murray is funny -- plus, he is so annoying and then learns to think of others instead of only himself all the time. (His character initially is such a magnified version of selfish human nature...he never fully gets over himself, but he does become palatable.)
At least that is my recollection of that movie!

WheresMyAngels said...

I HATED that movie also. Just because it is the same over and over just like the son Crimson and Clover!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Ben and Gary are *DEF*! You are a rockin' team!

~ Sil in Corea said...

P. S. Sorry I haven't been by regularly the past week or so. My browser crashed every time I came to visit you. By trial and error, I found out that I have to use the "up" and "down" arrow buttons, not the "page up" & "page down" keys. Likewise, I cannot click on the scroll bar, but I can turn the little scroll wheel in the top of my mouse. How weird is that?!