Wednesday, February 18, 2009

5 minute miracle cake in the microwave??????

My pal Kate sent a 5 minute cake recipe. That would be TWO minutes prep and 3 minutes cooking. And it tastes UNBELIEVABLE!!!! You can make a little chocolate cake in five minutes!!!!!
Recipe follows. I used rice milk instead of milk, and where it says choc. chips optional??? PUT THEM IN. I also used an ungreased bowl, one of mine as you see, which is easier than a mug I think, and it made 3-4 servings. We ate a little more than half of it with espresso in little elephant cups and I swear it was the best chocolate cake of my life!






5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

19 comments:

Jerry said...

Well isn't that handy for a choco-emergency. We'll have to try that sometime soon. Possibly with red wine in place of the espresso.

cookingwithgas said...

very interesting--- I don't eat chocolate- but the person I live with does. This could be a treat for him.

Jay said...

That looks interesting. I don't think I have all the ingredients though. Hmmm ...


Chocolate chips optional? Please. They're never optional. LOL

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cow, the cake was all rich and good with these hot melty choco chips.....man!

BSOB said...

cool. i dig the recipe part of pottery blog. More please!

Brad said...

Hi Gary - I've noticed we have a lot of blogger friends in common and have been meaning to get over here and check out your blog. Nice! I think I'll poke around a bit if you don't mind *wink*


Mmmmmmm chocolate....

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely going to try this but i'm not sure martha stewart would approve. apparently, she would never be caught dead using a microwave.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this recipe!! I am an unrehabilitated chocolateholic - so this is great when I run out of my See-candies truffels this week.
By the way, look at my blog again - because of your contribution of "life is a chair of bowlies "(Mary Engelbreit), I've changed my post -thanks, I needed that!

Susan as Herself said...

Oh. My. That sounds like a chunk of paradise.

Real Live Lesbian said...

You have my mouth watering! And the little piggy bowl is perfect! LOL

Just Me said...

ohhhhhh! Chocolate!! I am going to have to try this. TYVM for sharing.

Oh .. and I got a wonderful box today. When Catcher Dude gets home we are going to do the very first Vlog on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Interesting! Low energy baking. Cool. Very enviro-friendly.
-Marian

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad it came out good, Gary! I mean - not that I was thinking it wouldn't, but ya never know when you send someone a recipe! lol.

*Jay's comment made me crack up! Chocolate chips optional....

Wep said...

OMG that looks so yummy!!1

Jen Mecca said...

Wow..I'll have to try that! Love the Bad company video..to funny. Jen

Anonymous said...

Just what we all need: an easier way to get our daily dose of chocolate!

oh, wait. Maybe easy is not such a good idea... darn diet.

Jessica said...

I'm trying this tonight!! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you ate eggs.

Anonymous said...

I just starred this to make.. I wonder if I can leave out the egg?