Saturday, February 14, 2009

tis Valentine's Day!


(pitcher by Gary Rith)
So as I say, much as I like to add pigs or dogs to everything I also like a nice old-fashioned looking pottery shape, and this pitcher just came out.
I dreamt all night long though that I was making little clay doggies.
I am teaching my beginner class at Cornell today. I don't have my lesson plan yet, SHAMEFUL. I am thinking something like simple bowl and cylander today, trimming and handles next week....and so on.
There is a nicely wrapped present on the table downstairs which looks suspiciously like a bottle of bourbon. :) I think it might be for me.
Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo - Bourbon! How nice! (Better hide it from Celeste!)

Happy Valentines Day! (there is a pressie wrapped in purple tissue paper sitting on the kitchen table here, on my placemat). Hummm - I can't tell what it is, but it doesn't look like Absolut. lol)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU AND MAUDE!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Happy Valentines to y'all!

The pitcher came out beautifully!! I love the blends of blues....fabulous!

Unknown said...

That pitcher is beyond gorgeous. It's downright glorious! Oooh, it IS beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Gary, even with not touches of whimsy anywhere, just handsomely, plainly, itselfly wonderful! Can ya tell I love it?
OH, and happy happy lover's day to one and all!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!