Sunday, February 22, 2009

the bunny's bottom and Missus Tastycake is caught slacking
















(bunny mama and baby by Gary Rith)
I watch my beginners really pushing and pulling and wrenching their clay and generally messing things up as they learn. I tell them you have to coax the clay. Work with it. You don't force it. You pretend the clay pot is the bunny's bottom, and you push gently and firmly....
I am in some kind of bunny show soon and so I have been sitting in the warm living room sunshine making bunny sculpture.
AND Missus Tastycake is quiet upstairs studying. Or so I thought. Looks like a N-A-P to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, Penny doesn't seem to be complaining.

Sister Creek Potter said...

Gary, I want a mug like the vases above--with a from and a worm--I like the green glaze. Do you have one I can buy? Thanks, Gay
gjjudson at gmail dot com

fiwa said...

Missus Tastycake looks very warm and toasty with Penny. I hope she enjoyed her nap.

I love the black and blue glazed teaset below - that does look really nice together.

Barbara Martin said...

It will be interesting to see what colours you paint your cute bunny!

By the way, I have a book draw over at my blog taking place on March 7th if you or your visitors are interested.

Anonymous said...

So where is her head?? (your wife's head)

Anonymous said...

I forgot: the minty green cups are very nice!