Sunday, February 22, 2009

the bunny's bottom and Missus Tastycake is caught slacking
















(bunny mama and baby by Gary Rith)
I watch my beginners really pushing and pulling and wrenching their clay and generally messing things up as they learn. I tell them you have to coax the clay. Work with it. You don't force it. You pretend the clay pot is the bunny's bottom, and you push gently and firmly....
I am in some kind of bunny show soon and so I have been sitting in the warm living room sunshine making bunny sculpture.
AND Missus Tastycake is quiet upstairs studying. Or so I thought. Looks like a N-A-P to me.

6 comments:

Emily SIL said...

Whatever it is, Penny doesn't seem to be complaining.

Sister Creek Potter said...

Gary, I want a mug like the vases above--with a from and a worm--I like the green glaze. Do you have one I can buy? Thanks, Gay
gjjudson at gmail dot com

fiwa said...

Missus Tastycake looks very warm and toasty with Penny. I hope she enjoyed her nap.

I love the black and blue glazed teaset below - that does look really nice together.

Barbara Martin said...

It will be interesting to see what colours you paint your cute bunny!

By the way, I have a book draw over at my blog taking place on March 7th if you or your visitors are interested.

Jeannette St.G. said...

So where is her head?? (your wife's head)

Jeannette St.G. said...

I forgot: the minty green cups are very nice!