Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Missus Tastycake grabs the camera

So I am fiddling around making a handle on a cup and HERE SHE comes and starts snapping and here is a whole series....of about 10 shots in 35 seconds. I have been exploring the idea of upside down handles on a certain type of cup, and you can see the finished cup with his twin down a bit, along with the before and after of making my FIRST EVER hippo bank (next to an elephant bank) and the FIRST ever hippo bowls. Its been a great morning. Now I am thinking that it is time for some of that expensive-locally produced peanut butter on a jam sandwich---this stuff is so tasty I may never go back to regular peanut butter--and I am not sick yet. BONUS!

It is toasty warm outside, 50s today, the snow is melting AND I am super excited to try to mix glazes today. I mix them in the dungeon, but wash my equipment with the garden hose, so it has to be mild when I mix glaze.
:) Happy Wednesday!











9 comments:

Jessica said...

Cool, and happy about your local peanut butter! I bet it's so much better! :)

Lynda said...

You are so talented and the Missus is a good photographer!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Maude, for taking the pictures!

It's warm here, too, Gary. We even have a few windows open to air out the place. Weird February weather.

cookingwithgas said...

I want more- please post the square teapot spout on the header- we really like that spout!
M

In Search Of My Hip Bones said...

I just love your stuff! Cute Cute Cute!

Unknown said...

okay i admit this is my first visit to your blog....I have seen Lynda dropping your name and just never clicked....shame on me...I have been missing out! look at how talented you are!!!

Di Mackey said...

Your Missus Tastycake is wonderful for giving us a working glimpse of the wonderful Mr Potter Bloke.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh thanks!

Ron said...

Those banks are cracking me up. I think it's the little belly buttons.