Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the dishwasher, a POEM

My pal Farmer's wife wrote an ode to her dishwasher, which I suspect is a MACHINE, unlike the situation in our house...she wrote such a funny poem I had to write one of my own.

Ode to the dishwasher in our house:

"Gary how you scrub and sponge
it must be so much fun (ge)

cause you do them every day
never knowing there is another way

your hands are red and dry,
so sore they could make you cry

maybe you could train your pets
to lick the dishes spotless!"

5 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Great Poem, Gary! We should write for Hallmark!

I was the family dishwasher for over ten years at the old house. About Seven years ago and a few days, I began washing for adults and small children.

It was a never ending job. Morning, noon, afternoon, and night. The sacrifice(s) was worth it though!

And, I totally *heart* my Bosch! :-)

Happy Wednesday! Hump-Diggity!

Anonymous said...

You mean you don't let your pets do the dishes? lol

Anonymous said...

ewww!

in high school i was a dishwasher at a hospital. i saw all kinds of things!!!

Ron said...

I'm in the same position Gary. Well, of course Sarah does them with me.
Do you know the King Missile song about the Dishwasher, the dishwasher, the dishwater...???

Jessica said...

haha! :D