Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dump cake and cobbler: let's talk FOOD


(bowls by Gary Rith)
SO, I am trying to buy frozen raspberries to make the coffee cake I like but there are none available so I grab blackberries instead. I am gonna make the usual coffee cake but notice the blackberry cobbler recipe on the back---so easy! And so I make it and DANG if it isn't the tastiest breakfast on earth. Can't find the exact recipe link here but there were others.

AND famously my wife likes her chocolatey treats and I have to keep her happy so I made a wee little chocolate cake too, the simplest darn cake recipe on earth. I have been told that this recipe developed during the depression because people couldn't always get a bunch of things like butter, eggs and milk, and this recipe doesn't require that, but is mighty tasty. You'll notice I did the lazy guy's frosting option, which is to throw chocolate chips all over it when it comes out so they melt onto the top....

9 comments:

Reb said...

Love the bowls and the chocolate cake sounds easy enough for me to do ;)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

The lazy man's frosting, really Gary. :-)

Cute bowls! And, love the new header pic -- it looks so professional!

Happy, You Know!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

The lazy man's frosting, really Gary. :-)

Cute bowls! And, love the new header pic -- it looks so professional!

Happy, You Know!

Just Me said...

Oh My! That looks so yum!!

Happy Rainy Hump Day!

Hilary said...

That chocolate cake doesn't seem to have much oil at all. It's now bookmarked for my hips. That cobbler looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

i think i'm going to make that chocolate cake.

Jessica said...

I so want that for lunch!

Lynnea said...

Mmm food.