Monday, February 9, 2009

3 little pigs


(wall piece by Gary Rith)
So I am down at the grocery store and next to the relish and mustard bump into a cart and the lady looks familiar, and then there is a vague glance and hello.
Over by the checkouts it hits me, and here she comes again, getting into line behind me and I say "hey, 3 little pigs, right????" and she's like "Yeah!" and I say "I always bump into familiar people and wonder where I saw them, but you shopped at my open house" and she's like "yeah! the 3 little pigs are for my daughter's birthday!" and of course I have no idea who she is and I don't know if she remembers my name, but I remember her purchase....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine the look on that lady's face if you made that statement to her and she wasn't the one who actually bought them! lol!

Tink said...

What, no Little Red Riding Hood? :)