Sunday, February 22, 2009

dead body in the gorge is .....


(me at the scene of the crime and NO I had nothing to do with it)
Channel 10 tells us:

Police say body in gorge a prank
02/21/2009 06:12 PM
By: Web Staff
ITHACA, N.Y. -- Ithaca Police are investigating a prank that tied up officers and other emergency personnel for hours Saturday. They say Cornell Police alerted them around 10:30 a.m. of a possible body in the Fall Creek Gorge.

After getting to the scene and taking a closer look, they discovered that in fact it was not a person, but a fully dressed mannequin lying face down.

The mannequin was about 200 feet below the Stewart Avenue Bridge, but police did go down to retrieve it so there wouldn't be any more confusion.

They are now looking into the incident further and ask anyone with information to contact Cornell Police at (607) 255-1111.


Sadly, a few people die in this gorge on the Cornell campus every year. It is something like 200-400 feet deep and has several waterfalls. There is a really nice spot under the bridge I am standing on here for swimming, except for the currents and the rocks falling on heads from time to time. There are several fraternities that are built on the gorge and you wonder if.....

7 comments:

The Queen said...

Rarely does something make me go OMG awesome.. farmgirl hates to dust...

Your header made me go OMG.. awesome...I love those.. I would dust those...must now go talk to the Princess...Christmas isn't that far away... ha ha..

Anonymous said...

Michael told me back in the first part of the century....the used to sue Beebe Lake as a swimming hole. Complete with a lifeguard and everything. It was alot safer and prevented people from swimming in the dangerous areas (like below where you are standing)

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more with you on your assessment of that utterly wonderfully gorgeous pair, Mrs. Queen. I sometimes think I'm just going to have to stop even looking at the Potter's blog, much as i love it, AND his wonderful pieces. The temptation is sending my bank acount over into the wrong color ink at an alarming rate and I'm also running out of room to display his creations! I now have a whole small table devoted entirely to one Gary Rith's pottery!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thanks all!
HP, I know about Beebe Lake and they used to play hockey on it in winter---that was their ice arena!

Anonymous said...

"There are several fraternities that are built on the gorge and you wonder if....."

Oh, I don't wonder at all!

Anonymous said...

Terrible waste of a good mannequin.

aliceinblogland said...

hey thats a great photo of you at the scene of the crime with your shades. think you should get glossys made, sign them and hand them out to fans.