Sunday, February 8, 2009

humerous dal and banana bread






(food by Gary and Maude Rith---and it is SHE holding that sharp looking knife)
Amazing how long it takes to do ANYTHING. Just cleaning, making food and walking the dog today and POOF! Day gone.
Nothing new about the banana bread of course, but I thought it looked nice on the plate I had made, and soooo we made a big Indian dinner. Hummus with sundried tomatoes, not humerous actually or even Indian but tasty, walnut-tomato dal (a 3 bean dish with tomato sauce, curry and walnuts), a chick pea pancake which is like corn bread but spicier, and curry veggies. Holy cats that is heavenly and soooo much left for dinner Monday. And lunch.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh yum.. that bread. :D

Anonymous said...

Actually that knife is kinda dull but like so many stage props it looks believable.

Anonymous said...

Well now you've gone and made me hungry! I can't eat this late at night, it makes me uncomfortable. But it sure does look good!

I'll be up for lunch tomorrow! lol.

Ron said...

Yum. Looks great. I like dal....Roald Dahl. Ha. Sorry. Anyhow, don't think I've ever had the dish. Maybe I'll look it up.

Jessica said...

Looks so yummy! :)

I almost died laughing when I saw your new header! :D

Barbara Martin said...

Looks tasty! I notice you've been sneaking over and linking to my blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!!

Hilary said...

That looks wonderful. I love curry!