Sunday, January 18, 2009

wild cats!



(teapot by Gary Rith)
My pal Wildrun provides services and shelter to feral cats. She needed a teapot. This teapot, I can now admit, is full of wee little experiments, like the CAT with the clipped ear (feral cats who have been treated and fixed lose their left ear tip so that at a distance people know they don't have to be trapped and fixed again), the lugs that hold the bamboo handle and the way I did them, and at the last second I was like "ooo! dark blue glaze and red, wonder how nice that would be?".
NICE!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Purrfect!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Wow, talk about a customized, one-of-a-kind Gary Rith original! I hope she's honored!

Anonymous said...

Hilary took my comment!

Anonymous said...

Classy, Gary. Very classy.

Hilary said...

KC, I'll give it back when I'm done with it. It's not like stealing a comment is a feliney or anything. ;)