Wednesday, January 14, 2009

zebras and hamsters!




(teaset by Gary Rith)
I can retire now, I have made the perfect teaset.
No actually, I have to make more like this. Maybe 2009 is the year of the polka dot AND the year of the zebra, but then again, I have been making zebras for awhile.

Dreamt of my dream hamster quite a bit. It was one of the bad hamster dreams (I swear I am not making this up!).
Somebody asked about the hamster, and I realized I had forgotten about it, and so I went and it was out of food and the cage a mess but I cleaned it and got lettuce and carrots and people wanted to play with it. I had managed to feed it before it got hungry. Somebody asked me what its name was, and it has never been a he or she, but I said after I tried to remember in the dream, "OH, I think it is Robert". So the hamster has a name now, and seems to be a boy, after all these years of dreaming about it.
This wasn't one of the happy hamster dreams, I hate the sad hamster dreams where it visits and I havn't been taking care of it. (which means WHAT in terms of dream interpretation? In this dream I had forgotten about my responsibility, but managed to take care of it just in time, plus managed to go that further step of realizing it has name....)

9 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Gary, I love this tea set- are you selling it? How much? It is absolutely YUMMY!

Gordo said...

You definitely have to make more, Gary. I'm going to want one. :-)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Happy Retirement Gary. You've done it, you've made the perfect tea set. Seriously.

cookingwithgas said...

great set- but don't stop now- your hampster is telling you- that you have forgotten something- what- what have you forgotten?
Tax- season- did you file you EST. taxes?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Taxes? What are those?
Thanks all! ;^)

Janet said...

Well it says this about "Hampsters" over at http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/h.htm:

"To see a hamster in your dream, represents underdeveloped emotions. You are distancing yourself from others so that you won't end up getting hurt. It may also indicate that issues of sexuality are trivial to you. You are able to separate sex and love."

Miss Heather said...

So... I dreamed Newt was still alive last night... I've decided I need a dream hampster!

And have you seen Hampster on a Piano on YouTube? It's hilarious! Download it!!

Anonymous said...

Robert, huh?

Wicked zebra teaset.

Dez said...

Yes, Wicked Zebra Tea Set. I'm getting scared. The more I see, the more I want. Don't worry, I'll email you when I'm $ ready! LOL!