Thursday, January 8, 2009

June 1, 2009


I love June 1. Then you know you have 3 perfect months in front of you.
Today is a pretty day, sun is out on our few inches of snow. I thought I would drive the hour over the hills and say hello to my mom and dad and get some of her pumpkin bread. Set out north in sun and clear roads. 7 miles ahead, snow is blowing and drifting and the roads are covered and at the stop sign in Maclean, although I slowed, I slid through the stop sign but managed to steer away from the oncoming van. Off the road. I am OK, the car is OK. The side of the road there was flat, and so I turned around and came home and called my mom to cancel, and it has been snowing hard there all day. STILL nice and sunny here, they had a fresh 7 inches this morning, 8 more inches expected, we may get up to ONE inch later. That is the difference getting a little closer to Lake Ontario and a little higher into the hills makes.
You could say I hate January and winter, but I don't. I HATE DRIVING IN WINTER WEATHER.

You can see Penny here walking along our road in the sunshine.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, June 1st heralds 3 months of basketball and Corona. Which could be good or bad depending on where you sit. For me, it's bad.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

It is kinda like watching one of Wils' videos- I wanted you to say: "And the winner is Penny!"

Linda Starr said...

And I've been complaining about the weather here, shame on me. Love the turtle mug.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hilary said...

She has such a happy little prance. Penny - not Barbara Walters. ;)

Jay said...

Anytime I've ever had a close call like that while driving in snow I've always turned around and gone home too. No reason to tempt fate any further.

Anonymous said...

Turning around and going home might be frustrating, but SMART!!

Penny looks so happy out for her walk. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above posts. Penny has a spring in her step, even in the snow. And pumpkin bread...mmmm. Our Grandmother used to make it. I'd love to get a recipe for it if you have one to share.

Reb said...

So glad you are okay. I too hate driving in winter weather, mostly because of the idiots that think that because they are in 4 wheel drive means they won't have an accident.

Miss Heather said...

I LOVE the teapot with the turtle on it. AAH!! CUTENESS! I'm so glad you make turtles too. They are just as cool as zebras, man. :)

Tricia said...

Glad to know you avoided an accident. We had a couple of close calls while driving in New England during Christmas time. The snow is beautiful, but I agree, driving in it can be a pain!

Susan as Herself said...

Oooh! Glad you missed an accident... driving in a snow storm is the pits. I've white-knuckled it many times up in Malone when visiting... not fun. But it does make you REALLY appreciate dry, clear, excellent roads!

Here's to June!

Barbara Martin said...

Its neat how Penny just trucks along.

Did you get any freezing rain with that snow? It's a mess here in Toronto, though today the sun was shining and the air warmer so the icy roads could melt. Our overnight lows are going down, but not as bad as the prairies thank goodness.

The turtle thingy on the header is great.

Stacey said...

Go Penny snowdog!

Wep said...

WOOF Penny

love,

Olivia