Thursday, January 22, 2009

bunnies=looove




(wall pieces in pieces and together by Gary Rith)
Ben and I, remember Ben? Ben and I are doing an exhibit at the hippie cafe next month, or so goes the plan. I love the hippie cafe, which has all kinds of naughty foods, made vegetarian!
Anyway, so me and Ben are gonna fill the walls with paintings (him) tiles (us) and wall pieces by me, and also I think there is some other person or people involved. There is a ton of wall space, and his work and mine would fit into a small corner, so we need to get have a lot of stuff. Ben is in charge, I am along for the ride BUT I need to make moremoremore! So, I was thinking of a new wall piece (I think up one idea, then make it over and over, like the cow over the moon pieces) and thought of looove, like bunnies kissing. With a red heart.

11 comments:

Knight said...

The kissing bunnies are a fun idea. I have to admit I'm shocked you didn't do a play on puppy love. Can't wait to see what you two create.

Barbara Martin said...

Gary, love the header with the wolf and three little pigs! What will you think up next? Ponies?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

well, ponies are cool, but I think zebras are COOLER!

Dez said...

Those are some great pieces of art! Good luck making some more, more, more Fast!
Both Kissing Bunnies and Puppy sound great too!

Reb said...

Those are wonderful Gary. I still like the cow & moon best I think.

Unknown said...

To my mind there is nothing more appealing, at least to me, than the great wall plaque I have that you did of the very sexy piggy reclining in the nude,of course! and urging us to "Relax!" Wonderful. Might resurrect that one. too? Makes me think of that REclining Maja of, was it Goya? One of those Spanish artists, amyway. Wish I could see that upcoming exhibit. Be sure to put up LOTS of pix!

Susan as Herself said...

Love the Three Little Pigs plaque... makes me think you should do ALL the fairy tales... The Three Bears in their beds, the wolf dressed as Grandma in Red Riding Hood, Jack climbing a Beanstalk, etc etc etc. You could make a bazillion. (Alright, maybe not that much...)

Anonymous said...

The neon green is a world of NO. My eyes! My burning eyes! :)

PEACE said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see the completed project....you will provide pictures?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Bunny kisses, adorable!

Ice Pony Girl said...

Okay...Gary, you're stuff is just plain adorable. But, what about Ponies Over the Moon?? <;o