Saturday, January 17, 2009

16 below

It was 16 below early this morning. A wee bit nippy. The radio said to stay inside until noon or something, because it was also quite windy. After walking both of the dogs we went out (before noon!) and I even washed the car. Nobody was at the car wash but me (I kept my shirt on) and I thought all the ice on the wall was amusing. Missus Frosted Cupcake thought I looked funny dressed up like a Michelin Man. When we got home, at noon, it was 13 degrees and the funny thing is it felt really warm!
Now temps are rising slightly, and as the expression goes, it will be warm enough for snow (seems like 20-30s is ideal snowing temperature--funny to think it has to warm up to snow). 90 percent chance of snow tonight and Sunday. blahblahblahbbity blah



11 comments:

fiwa said...

It's funny how warm is a concept relative to how cold it has been, isn't it?

Ok, I just have to ask... why on earth would you be washing your car if it was that cold???

Go snuggle with Mrs. Tastycakes.

word verification: standuma
I get good word verification from you, Gary.

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'd know you anywhere. That IS you, Gary, isn't it? If not, you take that dog right back where he came from.

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Brave of you to be in the studio in the cold. If it is -15 or below, I avoid my studio. Why do you wash your car when it is so cold? You must REALLY like a clean car. But doesn't it just get dirty again on the drive home?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Gary, go take your pill...you're sounding crazy again!!!

LOL!

Washing the car when it's 16 below. Of all things....

You Quack me up!

Gordo said...

I barely wash the van when it's warm out, never mind in the winter! Good luck getting those doors open. LOL

Jessica said...

Gary, lol! Too cold to wash the car!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

well you see, the sun was out and the road was dry and the green car looked WHITE with all the salt on it, it really did---

Just Me said...

I agree Gary! Wahing your car in that cold??? How does the water even still spray at the coldness. Stay in! Cars will wait. :)

Reb said...

Ah, Gary, don't listen to them. If the car is all salty it has to come off. I would think you know enough to make sure the rubber and locks are dry.

cm said...

B laughed at me this morning when I said it was only minus 10. We're now up to a balmy minus 8, with snow coming down. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Did you waddle like a penguin when you walked? ;)

Parking lots and tricky corners/intersections are all whitewashed these days. I finally figured out why yesterday: salt.

(Gimme a break -- I'm from Seattle)