Sunday, January 25, 2009

tidier--REALLY!

I was walking early and took an awful spill on the ice. My left wrist is still recovering from the 2 spills I took on icy sidewalks a year ago. Twas a very mild spill this time, but my 2 wrists and back feel like I was playing hockey all day. Without pads.
So I was gloomy about that BUT then I hear that good friends of mine lost their house in a fire (they are Ok but lost everything) and even worse, a potter friend of mine, the sweetest man, just died, and he was YOUNG dammit.
So, I'll survive a little spill on the ice, you betcha, and make cookies later.

BUT the point here is, of course, I wanted to totally spring clean my studio. I have had so many visitors lately and what they see is a dirty mess. It is still, 8 hours later, a dirty mess BUT I wanted to have a couple of distinct display areas for the very best items that are for sale, rather than the odd mix of dirty socks and towels next to gorgeous teapots that I had. None of this means anything to you, I am sure, and the pics below probably look pretty chaotic, BUT to me a thorough cleaning, filling a bag with trash etc feels GOOD.








Hey, where'd Michelle Pfeiffer come from?

10 comments:

Crafter of Khnum said...

She must be standing to the right of the big kiln, where I can't see her. She does look pleased with your cleaning! She does have a nice mug!

fiwa said...

Aw - I'm sorry you took a spill - and even sorrier to hear about your friends. I like a little spring cleaning was the perfect idea. Silly Michelle - did she stop by to help you clean?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

INVITING! Well everybody can come over, OK? I'd love it.

Jessica said...

Aw, sorry to hear about your fall. It can be tricky out there. Be careful. :)

Jessica said...

um, wait...am I missing something--what happened to the Missus' awesome boots! They rock by the way!

Miss Heather said...

I think you did a nice job cleaning. And you'd better watch it on the icy sidewalks... you're worrying me!

Jay said...

That's a pretty good cleaning job. I bet Michelle Pfeiffer would love to hang out there now. ;-)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Sorry about your friend Gary. And your spill. Glad you didn't break anything.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Gary,
Sorry that you took a spill, my two puppies drag me about and last nov I had a wrist injury from that, so I can relate..Plenty of heat pads!!
As for michelle, last time I saw her was in the Safeway in kailua, Halloween candy isle..Then later at her home in Lanikai. She's a sweet girl. I'm glad she's visiting your blog, you're very talented!
peace, kai n Dan

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your fall, and what horrible news of your friends! Here's to better luck and speedy recoveries for everyone . . .

PS - A good cleaning DOES make one feel a lot better. :-)