Saturday, January 10, 2009

cats and dogs




(Penny and a teapot by Gary Rith)
So wildrun asks for a cat teapot with some sort of cane or wicker handle. I have been fiddling around today and just finished this guy and I am totally pleased EXCEPT for the awesome little cat on top. I am lopping him off and making another, a bit smaller, and as she requests, with a tipped left ear. I have a box full of beautiful handles in bamboo and cane, and I usually fit the right handle to teapot after the firing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a closeup of that cat. It's a shame to see 'em lopped off. It looks good from here.

Ouch - my ear!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

feral cats who have been spayed and given shots lose their left ear tip, so that if someone sees them wandering around, they can at least be sure the cat has been fixed!

Wildrun said...

Gary, that is one sweet pot. I love the little paw medallions! The kitty is cute...have you already lopped?

For a "tip" you can just flatten the tip of one ear and that would be fine. I love the spout too. Whoo hoo! I'm getting a teapot!

Miss Heather said...

I'm dying with the pic of Penny and the floppy ear. ADORABLE!

BTW, I know you are awesome and give people good deals... but I've been on ETSY a lot and looking at other pottery sites (NOT BUYING, of course) and I think you should charge a little more. You are so talented!!

Just an opinion... :)

And FYI, I'm opening my OWN ETSY store in less than a month. I'm just getting everything ready right now. YAY!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I think that kitty was adorable! And, the paw medalions!! Cute, cute!

Great job!

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

ok, so can I have the kitty you took off Wildrun's pot?

Ice Pony Girl said...

Ah...beagle ears. They should be under "soft" and "velvet" in the dictionary.

Wep said...

Awww PENNY!!!