Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the curse of the cold studio




(Spike and me, most of what I am wearing today, a slow start of a few mugs)
SO, the middle pic shows some of my layers today. Everything but my woolen socks and undies, which were on: you have the thermal shirt, the thermal long johns, the flannel lined jeans (BEST INVENTION ON EARTH) the plaid shirt (coulda worn a wool one, oops!), the fleece jacket and the cat. Was below zero F out there this am, and we walked the dogs per usual and it seemed OK to me, but Penny and Missus Lollypop were FAST which seems to be Penny's way to stay warm. Then as you see below, she settles in next to big old Buster. I have managed to get a start on throwing some mugs and small heart candle holders. The studio has heat but takes forever to warm and my hands get frozen in and out of the water, it is 57 degrees f in the studio. So I am warming my fingers at the keyboard here.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of Spike looks like you might have fed him a spot of bourbon. Totally upside down and dizzy and extremely funny. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, brrrr! I remember those cold winter days in Ithaca!

Yesterday I walked on the beach in Santa Monica in short-sleeves. It was 80 degrees!

Nyah Nyah!

Anonymous said...

while we are now warming to a present -11, with the windchill it feels like -33 (according to weather.com)

Anonymous said...

Nice leopard print. *wink wink*

You know it's easy to find those lined jeans for my husband and son, they're available pretty much everywhere. But they're darn near impossible to find for women and girls. I wear winter silks under my clothes, I highly recommend them.

Miss Heather said...

I highly recommend an electric blanket for the studio. :)

Reb said...

Layers are the best way to keep warm. I wish I could find the flannel lined jeans for women too though.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Lands End!

Anonymous said...

I was just gonna say Lands End! Check it out, gals. Maybe someday I can actually wear them, because I won't be roasting all the time.
High today is maybe 25 degrees, minus wind chill.
I know what the f stands for your in studio temp of 57 degrees, lol

Lynda said...

With all those layers, you'd probably bounce back up if you fell down. I love the heart-shaped pottery.