Friday, January 30, 2009

Ben and Christi come over

























(Ben glazing tiles, a project that he and I are working on together, and our pal Christi, who made little chickens and cats today)
My pals Ben and Christi came over this afternoon for glazing, clay, and tea and cookies. You can be jealous. Some people work in soulsucking cubicles. I hang out with my friends and make art and eat cookies.
Monday we are all getting together again because Ben has organized a show at the ABC Cafe and we hang it in the afternoon. Yeow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for not working in a cubicle :) cookies, tea, and art make a perfect afternoon.

Knight said...

When is hot Ben going to start his own blog?

Can I come be artsy and hang out with you guys? I can sing to you or something. I don't like my cubicle/hell hole.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Ben says that the blog will be opening soon! And Knight, you are welcome anytime....(everybody else too, I have a constant parade of visitors!)

Miss Heather said...

I'm SO jealous they got to have some tasty cookies. What an adorable couple, I have to say.

I dreamed (the night before last) that Michael and I came to visit and stayed with you and Maude for a few days... and you taught us to work with clay and it was so awesome.

I wish you could come to my partay too! And maybe someday.... we'll make it to upstate NY. :)

Susan as Herself said...

That does sound like a grand day.

I'm not in a cubicle (thank the good lord) but ther are certainly soul-sucking qualities...

Cookies always help.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

No fair. I wanna' come over and play with clay and glaze stuff.

Y'all have ALLL the fun. Lucky-duckie. ;-)

Happy FWFD!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Christi with her hand in a monster mug!

Someday the fam is going to invade your "office" and play with your pets and eat up all your cookies.

just jamie said...

I'm a wee bit distracted by your pal Ben....

(ahem)

Lovely day. I spend my day in a classroom with 6 year olds, but you and your pals' job takes the cake (glazed, of course).