Friday, January 23, 2009

Russ, amigo, handles are like this: o makes 2 c



(cup before and after by Gary Rith)
Nobody has any idea what I am talking about, but that's OK. Bear with me. So, down a couple of posts I am talking about adding a C handle to a convex sided cup----and there isn't much room left for fingers, so I say hey, put a C handle on a concave sided cup. That is what all that nonsense is about. What I am doing here is throwing a ring shaped like an o and cutting into 2 c which means 2 handles for 2 cups. Like in this pic here.
I retook the zebra teaset pic---I think it needed a dark background to stand out, YES?

4 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

yes- picture of teapot- love those teeth!
and yes () I get it- good info.
M

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yep, shows up better against the grey background. That new cup up there is really...what's the word....stupid memory....

Well, I like it.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Love this cup. I also get the "o" = 2 "c" which is about as far as my math will ever take me!

Crafter of Khnum said...

My rule of thumb so far has been to make sure there is at least two fingers distance between the side of the cup and the handle at the holding point. So, after firing there should still be room to hold the handle with out the fingers touching the side of the hot cup. But, then, I'm an anarchist so I like to break my own rules too.