Friday, January 30, 2009

hippo enthusiasts!




(hippo wall piece by Gary Rith)
You know how people are with their great obsessions, like me and piggies. WELL, I am not alone:
So this cute wall piece comes out of the kiln this am and then I get an email from somebody in Illinois telling me about the vast hippo conspiracy, I mean telling me about hippo collectors and how much they (might soon) love me. They have an international organization, and they have conferences. I am in the mood for hippo stuff, and shall make a number of this type of thing today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know I'm tired when I read "they have conferences" as "they have circumferences" ...which *does* make sense about a hippo!! Just NOT a hippo enthusiast.
After all, my oldest used to walk around singing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!" ...and Santa finally brought him a toy version.

Lynda said...

Ooh, I hope you make some "standing" hippos.

Anonymous said...

your hippo is inspirational! Yesterday I saw a big pic of a hippo in the water, and I thought, yeah, that would make an interesting painting.
Thanks for the comment on my blog and adding me - please would you do me a favor and click on my "follow me" sign on my blog? Thank you! have a great hippo day!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Playin' with clay, and gettin' paid...that's our Big G-Daddy!

Werner Sun said...

Okay, these really take the cake. Too *bleeping* *bleeping* cute! They remind me of my beloved stuffed blue hippo that I had as a child. His name was Hippy. I know; don't say it....

Unknown said...

And then there was my second son whom we referred to when he was little and loved splashing in the bathtub so very much as "the great big "hissapotamus"!