Monday, January 26, 2009

Diary of a kept man: woo her with ultimate super-chunk cookies


(plate and cookies by Gary Rith)
Madame Tastycake will come home tonight and know she has died and gone to heaven. Sure, the spicy bean burritos I make will be good, but look at this plate of cookies.
My wife has a sweet tooth and I ate the last of the cookies Saturday. She has been begging. As a kept man, I try to strike a balance of giving her what she wants, then cutting it short so she gets desperate for more.
These cookies are totally absurd: oatmeal so they're good for you (hahahaha!), chocolate chunks, dried cherries and pecans. Yeah baby! RESIST THAT!

Also, of course working away in the studio. A big hippo wall piece, I love hippos, and the bottom pic shows an angry clam. Seems funny to me.
I am also firing a ton of heart mugs and candleholders, and they better turn out nicely.

17 comments:

Stacey said...

Ha! angry clam... hoo boy. Welcome to crazytown, it's nice here isn't it?

Jessica said...

Those cookies look good! And that clam is awesome! :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

clam would probably be happier if I gave him a cookie

Lynda said...

I want an angry clam sugar bowl. Really!

Jay said...

The cookies look and sound delicious. I think I could live off cookies alone. Cookies and beer, that is. ;-)

Gordo said...

An angry-clam candy dish. :-)

Miss Heather said...

Heather would be happier with a cookie...or two...too...

And I love the angry clam. So hilarious!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

funny, you wake up one day and forget about pigs and put angry clams on everything

Anonymous said...

OMG. The angry clam is so great!

Anonymous said...

To borrow a line from a famous Sesame Street star, "Cookie...cookie...I want cookie..."

Ron said...

I think you've hit on something here Gary.

tt said...

Yummm...do you mail cookies too?????

Glennis said...

Cookies! droooooooollllll....!

The clam is incredible.

Tink said...

Vampire clam!

Wow, that sounded like a sexual metaphor. ;)

Barbara Martin said...

Just love the toothy clam!! Isn't it cute. The elephant is nice too.

Anonymous said...

KC wants cookies, too! (Can you make mine with dried cranberries instead of cherries?)

Janet said...

Is that a clam with fangs??! Too cute!