Monday, January 12, 2009

Heather and Michael and small miracles

Today I am finally changing batteries in the smoke detectors and giving them their test. The second one gives a brief and dispirted chirp and there is a puff of smoke and a smell. I call the number on the back looking for advice----and the lady says, miraculously "we are shipping you a free one right now". ???? Wow!

But there is a bigger petite miracle today, if I may talk about this. My bloggy pals in Utah Heather and Michael put together a Christmas package for us, with a special gift for each resident of the house....like a big bone for Buster and a bunch of little ones for Penny (no Heather , we don't expect the pets to be vegetarian, and they thank you!)

Heather decorated each gift with the pic of the recipient and chose something special for all of us. Like a knitting calendar for me and catnip mouse for the missus. No wait, the knitting calendar was for Missus Mitten. Heather has seen that I collect old pocket watches from the Elgin watch company...and she got me one from 1889. What kind of world is it that someone could be that thoughtful and that nice?

I am , um, a little blown away. Thanks Heather and Michael!


9 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I'm glad you got it so quickly... and that the dogs aren't vegan!! And you're very welcome. :)

Gordo said...

See! No matter what the freaky politicians say, the internet is full of nice people. Not just weirdos. Well, some are both, but you know wht I mean. LOL

Jay said...

Wow! That is way cool.

Susan as Herself said...

Wow. Just look at that watch. A beauty!

Barbara Martin said...

That's great, Gary. Yes, there are very nice people in the blogosphere! So when is your birthday?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

my birthday is NOT April Fool's day

Ron said...

What a great friend.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awww, how great is that!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, how sweet is that!?!
I thought of sending your pets some treats, but did I do it? No I did not.

Off to the post office to mail 2 very late Christmas gifts. I plead mercy -- they are home-made.