Thursday, January 29, 2009

my life as a kindergartner



(pots by Gary Rith)
I can't say it enough: I have so much fun working. Remember kindergarten, where you played with paint and play doh all day, had a snack, ran around outside for awhile, played with more paint and play doh? Gawd, that's my life and I love it.

SO, this cow jumping over the moon teapot will be dark blue with a yellow moon and spotted cow, and then you see a cat-dog mug. My pal Baseball Mom asked me for a certain type of baseball mug, and I made one with big feet here, and a baseball bank, which turned out esp. nice with that goofy face on there. ALL NEW ideas here, working out really well, and totally exciting.
Thank you for listening.

11 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh Gary!! You stole my <3 on that bank. Catcher Dude is going to love that!!

J said...

I'm so freaking jealous. ;) I mean, I like my job and all, but it just doesn't compare. You are a lucky guy.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

WOW! Great stuff! The Baseballs are adorable!!

Reb said...

Love the tea pot and the sugar bowls from below. The new baseball theme is adorable.

Miss Heather said...

I'm so glad you love your job! I can tell you do from the awesome ideas you come up with. You're awesome!

Matt Grimmitt said...

Hey Gary, My little sis wants to buy a mug from your Etsy shop and said you don't ship to uk. Can you do that she has an etsy account? It's the top pic in your shop. Cheers

Susan as Herself said...

I loved kindergarten as well, except for when they made you lie down and take a nap for half an hour when all you wanted to do was play with the GIANT building blocks and the life-size dollhouse and the big easel with flourescent crayons on the tray. Not enough playing, and a mite too much napping for me.

Glennis said...

Hey, gary. Do you do anything with BEARS?

Anonymous said...

90% of all impressionable youth who read Gary's post decide to become potters.

Knight said...

Wow Gary! No wonder Annie was all over you.

Glennis said...

Are you going to put the baseball things on sale? Cuz my sweetie luvs baseball....