Saturday, January 10, 2009

espresso: the aftermath




(pots by Gary Rith)
down a few clicks you will see pics of me with the beagle yesterday morning, just before she slurped my double espresso. The wife snapped this shot here after the beagle jumped back onto my lap, but you can see the coffee cup off to the right. Penny wasn't overenergetic yesterday, but let's just say she NEEDED TO GO TO The bathroom shortly after this pic was taken. She eats and drinks everything. There is a lot of salt on the road lately because of snow and ice, she eats that. Rocks and dirt too. Yesterday I had a customer visiting, and Penny came in to charm them? I had to explain that Penny eats clay, which she proceded to do, searching around for any clay scraps on the floor, and every potter has a load of clay scraps on the floor. But you see, this visitor was a VET. I was contacted by a person needing purple bowls and piggy stuff (OH HO!!!! I HAVE LOADS OF BOTH!!!) and she came over and she is the coolest. Not just a vet, a traveling HORSE VET. I love horses, wouldn't you want to be a horse vet too, driving off to farms to play with horses all day?
Of course, the only thing better than a horse is a striped horse, zebras, and here is my zebra teaset in for its first firing to be glaze fired tomorrow, AND the first finished heart mug.
:)

10 comments:

Gordo said...

OMG, Gary! That teaset is incredible!

Our first dog was half beagle and the stuff she would eat never ceased to amaze me. If she ever got into the garbage, it was always the old coffee grounds that she went after.

Her other half was border collie, so you can imagine the trouble that caused. LOL

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I can't wait to see the zebras all shiny and glazed fired!

And, of course you already know I *heart* the mug!

You know, Gary, the heart series just might replace the light green piggy tea set that has formerly always been my favorite. ;-)

Just Me said...

Does your baby not get ill eating all that stuff?

Cute. I am with FW, I *heart* the mug!!

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

That is a fancy set of zebras! LOVE IT!
I also really like the heart mug, I might need one of those for my "Lover Boyce"!

Lynda said...

The zebra set is great! Speaking of horses, you could turn those zebras in to horses, too - bet your vet (and others) would love that!

Word verfication: pizzed (lol)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Gord, she loves coffee grounds too, and everything else! NO, she never gets sick wither, except for when she eats road salt it seems to burn her throat.

Anonymous said...

did you get a new laptop?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

laptop is nearly 6 years old!

Ice Pony Girl said...

Ponies...ponies...we want ponies!

Adorable tea cup set and very cute lap warmer!

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm not fond of horses as they scare me. From afar they are lovely, but not up close.

My daughters start up pottery class again this Wednesday, I think they have a new teacher. I hope I am not disappointed. I really want them to get back to working on the wheel. I gave away so many of the bowls they made, never realizing they might not be making more.