Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christi and Ben come over



























(painting by Ben Marlan, Ben Marlen and Christi Sobel)
Ben is a pal of mine and painter and we are working on some projects together. Ben stopped in to do some glazing with Christi along for the ride.
I know very little about painting, but Ben is the best. He uses strong colors and dynamic shapes to form landscapes. Christi is a VERY famous illustrator and her drawings are totally fantastic. She was making some cute little cats out of clay today. They will both be back soon for more clay work.
I live the good life, don't I?

9 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Now I feel funny saying Ben Is HOT- since Christi is a friend of mine! You go Christi- your hot too- it's like the "land of the beautiful people" there.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Gary- I can't believe my word verification was OBESE! Man that sucks!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

that Obese was referring to my two cats I am sure

Gordo said...

Christi is so famous that even I've heard of her. Well, I recognize her name at least. LOL

Gordo said...

Whoops. I forgot to say that I really like that painting, too.

Knight said...

You do live the good life. I wouldn't mind hanging out with hot Ben all day either.

cm said...

You do, indeed. My Ben would like nothing more than to have your life. Only with a hammer instead of a wheel. And me instead of Mrs P. I think, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Well, someday we will come up to your neck of the woods and play with clay in your studio. Not one of us is famous and no one will be allowed to be called hawt because my boys are my babies fer-cryin'-out-loud and therefore off limits to everyone over the age of 19; SuperDad is *MY* hawt man and I don't share.
But you can laugh at our clay skillz if you wanna.

Di Mackey said...

Love the pottery, love the art ... beautiful Gary, seems like a good day :)

Photographically, aesthetically speaking (not spelling but speaking) you guys would make excellent subjects.