Saturday, November 1, 2008

Road trip baby





(pitchers by Gary Rith)
Can't post Sunday, and YOU KNOW I POST A LOT so what gives???
Petite road trip, hundreds of miles on Sunday. You see a couple of pics here from my parents' farm, last stop on this day trip. One shot looking north to the house across the pond, the other shows me on the deck look south down the pond (Petey on my lap, RIP, Jack in front of me, RIP, Buster and my mom's springer Abby)
We are also going for a look at a place I havn't been before, and another that I have been near to but not onto the grounds, because the wife is a big fan and a student of poetry....

AND here are some pitchers fresh the Cornell kiln, glaze tests looking rocking good!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, Gary. You just had to play that song! (Hey - I don't remember them taking video of me on the horse!) lol.

Have a fantastic time.

I think I need one of those vases!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! have fun!Abbey is cute lol.

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Gary, the pitchers are beautiful! I am having pitcher and glaze envy...

Anonymous said...

OMG, as I was reading this, and first saw "the mount", I was thinking it was the Roosevelt house in Hyde Park. I was going to comment and suggest this place in Lenox. My closest friend my gradeschool lives in Lenox. This place is awesome. I was a Woodstock a couple of years ago and it's just a big field, but the town is very hip.

Reb said...

Wow, love the pots, have fun on the road trip.

Miss Heather said...

Vases look amazing, you used some GREAT glazes! Have fun tomorrow!! Enjoy it before it snows again!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SNOW!!!! NOOO!
Thanks all!

doug Fitch said...

Rocking good indeed - nice 'stache' too. Have an enjoyable trip

Lynda said...

Wow - nice pitchers! And the road trip sounds fantastic!

Linda Starr said...

Love the pitcher colors especially the coppery red.

Anonymous said...

have a safe and wonderful trip.

Jessica said...

Be safe, and have tons of FUN!!!! :)

Giggles said...

Love the photos, the pitchers are beautiful sitting together like that. Have a safe trip!

Hugs Giggles

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

When you gonna' be back!?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pitchers. Lovely farm.
*sigh*