Saturday, November 8, 2008

4am

















(pitchers by Gary Rith)
I spent part of yesterday lying around blowing my nose---my monthly COLD I guess, from which I am much better thanks, and fell asleep early and did not mind (too much) the sound of my dogs vomiting on the kitchen floor at 4am. So, up and at em, all of us.
My parent's dog Abby who is visiting has been pretty good since the first minutes. She is very curious about our cats, and they are curious about her. Abby is very friendly by nature. She was good and slept in the hallway last night, because the last time she was here and tried to enter our room Penny kicked her a$$. Yesterday I was eating and Penny was under my chair and Abby came up to beg, and Penny kicked her a$$.....I don't want my 20 pound beagle to be unfriendly, but she is the BOSS and Abby needs to back off when Penny growls. Penny means it. Our first dog Petey, a 20 pound beagle mix, had also been a street dog and he was boss, and never hesitated to defend a treat or his spot on the bed. Funny how dogs are--size does not matter!
So, in sum, the visiting dog Abby is being very good and following the rules and acting peaceful, and my own dogs are pretty much the same and my nose is red but mostly dry. Happy Saturday! :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Abby. She means well, I'm sure, but just doesn't understand.

(I had a little dog named Abby, back in the early '80's).

Nice pottery work, Mr.P. Love the colors and glaze.

Anonymous said...

I think that goes for people, as well. As small as Bridget is compared to Hannah and Jake, she throws a pretty mean punch (not that I'm encouraging it). Bridget has a lot of fire and sass in that little body of hers!

Poor Abby. Nothing like being the new kid, er, dog on the block and having the resident boss dog put you in your place. But you can't really blame Penny, either . . .

Gordo said...

Lis, it's the name. My wife is the same. ;-)

Gary, you should see my SIL's dog Hooch. She's a chihuahua-toy poodle cross and is definitely the watch-dog of the house. She's first to the window barking like mad when someone comes and if she goes on long enough, Shadoe (black lab) will eventually come to see what's going on.

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Does your dream hamster ever have hamster friends come along? Maybe you should start putting hamsters on your work? I think this may be a sign...

Anonymous said...

I think these are some of my favourite glazes you've done. Great colours!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm sorry--I can't read what you wrote. My eyes refuse to quit gazing at that gorgeous tall pitcher. I think I'm in love.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Abby has settled down nicely.
Like Jenn, I found it hard to read your words, though...GORGEOUS GLAZES!! :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

GLAZE BONANZA!

tt said...

I.LOVE.THOSE.POTS!!!!!!! the glazes are amazing.
Sorry you're under the weather...hope your nose dims a bit.
I'm thinking Penny can hold her own .lol

Barbara Martin said...

Boss dogs are like that, especially the girls.

As for your runny nose, drink ginger and lemon tea. It will make you feel better.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I DID! Ginger tea is awesome.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Well, Penny is the Alpha (pet) female in the house. Right?

Awwww. Red dry nose. I remember that. I still sware I caught it through cyber space. So, don't send it to me and I won't send you my red eye thing.

;-)

Happy Saturday!