Wednesday, November 12, 2008

YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ME



My buddy Lynda posted these 100 things she has done. I am going to bold what I have done, and if you copy this list, you can bold what you have done on your blog too. (forget bold, let's ITALICIZE!)

1. Started my own blog DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Slept under the stars yes, but I hate camping so you won't see me doing this willingly
3. Played in a band--I am a drummer in my dreams, although I am utterly unmusical
4. Visited Hawaii---man, I havn't gone anywhere, and west? Colorado, that's it
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world--what are those?
8. Climbed a mountain--millions! I LOVE MOUNTAINS!
9. Held a praying mantis--well, I have looked at them
10. Sung a solo---hahahahahaha
11. Bungee jumped--no stinking way
12. Visited Paris---I have been to rural Quebec and I doubt that counts
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child--several cats and dogs probably doesn't count
16. Had food poisoning--bleh
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables--I am the worst gardener on earth
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train--it isn't easy
21. Had a pillow fight--not lately
22. Hitchhiked--the things you do when young...
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill--HOHOHO! but I havn't had a job in years
24. Built a snow fort--uch, I wouldn't mind never seeing snow again
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping--not lately: I mean, think about snapping turtles and exposed parts, right?
27. Run a Marathon--I used to be a competitive but very slow runner and track and cross country coach
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse--spooky!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person--hell, I live nearly NEXT to Niagara
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors---well, going back a couple of generations
35. Seen an Amish community--they are all over rural New York
36. Taught myself a new language--I am the dumbest person on earth
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied--yeah, heck, I've got my littl muffin, what else do I need?
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David--in our bedroom? we have a David switchplate! does that count?
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling--I was starting to feel like a loser
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud---every day!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater--one word: mosquitos
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business--ces't moi!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason--muffin cakes likes them
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma--I have O negative and they stinking call me every week looking for my blood
65. Gone sky diving--no stinking way
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check--ONCE! It was a mistake! I called everybody before it bounced and warned them!!!!!!!
68. Flown in a helicopter--would love to!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--I should get a photo of this little pink dog my aunt crocheted for me when I was born
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar--uch, the things we do when young
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone--do noses count?
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle--NEVER AGAIN, I am not adventurous
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car--HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper--I am stinking famous
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House--if outside counts
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating--fish when I was young, bleh
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life---no, but a lady died in my arms
90. Sat on a jury--both real and fake!
91. Met someone famous--MARCIA BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit--I was sued after somebody drove over me with their car---we countered and won, the driver was an IDIOT
98. Owned a cell phone--I am the last person on earth without one
99. Been stung by a bee--3 at once the other day....

And…

100. Ridden an elephant---I have petted them and I LOVE elephants!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you met marcia brady!!!!!!

tt said...

YOU??? not adventurous?? Say it isn't so....You live in a purple house...THAT my friend is adventurous in my book. :)

Aleta said...

I think you've done a lot of things on the list! Loved your comments with the list. Lol

Jessica said...

So you've never sold Girl Scout cookies, eh? lol

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I dunno:
purple house=adventurous?

Gordo said...

I would equate living in a purple house to flipping the bird to the entire neighbourhood. :-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

flipping the bird with both hands, yeow! but this is Ithaca, full of phreaks and hippies and_______

Anonymous said...

I like this list. Lemme see if I can copy it...

Anonymous said...

Okay, copied and mostly answered. I'm going to look for some photos before I post. I'll link it back to you.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

wooooeeee!

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

LOVE the Switch plate- I guess when the light is turned on, so is David!

Lynda said...

Marcia Brady?? You are SO cool!

Miss Heather said...

I HATE CAMPING TOO!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the world...