Friday, November 7, 2008

and so I dreamt....

...of the dream hamster. It was standing with its back to me toweling off. Go figure....
BUT I also dreamt that I flew to London, Chicago and Paris! I was having so much fun, traveling all over. I have been to Nebraska, and I have been to Quebec, but that is pretty much the list.
Yesterday was absolutely absolutely lovely. The kiln is working, I got a zillion things done, and you know it has to end.
My parents visit today and their....energetic....dog will be under our care for a few days so my parents can visit my niece at college in Boston. I give my parents the happy face and tell them 'no worries mate!' and keep my mouth shut. BUT the reality is, their dog is.....needy. Slobbery and jumpy. Penny gets mad at her and chases her around (and Penny, although tiny, is a former street dog and she can FIGHT). My 2 dogs like things quiet and calm, but Abby is not exactly quiet and calm. I have to make sure she is happy and that Penny doesn't pick on her if she gets upset. This is just between you and me, OK? I tell my parents that everything is super!

13 comments:

Wep said...

LOVE the pic. Hang in there....adding a new dog to the pack is always bothersome. But rest assured if you don't lose it within the first hour you are doing better than me :)

Anonymous said...

Thats the way it goes with babysitters, eh?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

last time Abby was here she escaped and ran out into traffic and my heart skipped a few beats....

Anonymous said...

i thought your parents read your blog religiously.

Just Me said...

Good Luck with Abby! Traffic? Oh I bet it skipped a lot of beats.

tt said...

Gary!!!!!!
you're a good son! We have t keep the parentals happy don't we?!
I still want your dreams!
have a happy weekend....good luck with that ;)

Lynda said...

So, the hamster was toweling off? You crack me up. Can't you just see the little hamster shower? Good luck with Abby - just let her know who is boss - Penny!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Penny KNOWS she is boss of all of us.
I am guessing my parents won't read this for a couple of days. But they know she is a little...energetic.

Hilary said...

Lots of long walks for the visiting pooch to burn off some of that energy. And while you're at it, could you take Benny too? ;)

Jessica said...

Glad the kiln is working! :) You should have taken the hamster traveling with you! LOL

Good luck this weekend! :D

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thanks--I am sure that being terribly sick while the dog visits is my punishment for something I did in a previous life, like not taking off my shoes when I went into somebody's house...

Tricia said...

Here's hoping the weekend is less hectic than expected and Abby wears herself out quickly.

You could turn that dream into a children's book, by the way...A dream hamster with good hygiene and that travels internationally. I see a whole licensing thing out of this, and pottery creatures.

Unknown said...

Got any friends who play tennis who could give you a couple of elderly tennis balls? Springers adore retrieving tennis balls, and you could just stand on your deck and hurl it into the woods and that little doggy would be in spring spaniel heaven and you'd have some fun, too! Yeah, they do need lots of exercise, but I bet Penny would love that game, too. As to the hamster book, yes!!! A natural and you could take us all for a nice cruise or a tour of all the European capitals, or a round the world trip, or -- Oh, you know. Now wouldn't that be fun? I'd even provide my own wheel chair!