Sunday, November 23, 2008

WHAT DO YOUR FUZZY SLIPPERS SAY about you?

My little chocolate truffle said to me last night:
"Your blog is family friendly for everyone except the people in your family!!!!"

Was she referring to the pictures I take of her in bed while she sleeps? (I cut her out, honest!) or maybe the embarrassing love talk I quote even when she, you know, asks me not to blog them?

Well, too bad, because I am having fun, and she is a funny person. :)

Let's talk slippers. Last summer one of my favorite posts on the old blog asked 'what do your Chuch Taylor sneakers say about you?'. It is a personality thing--although I have black high AND low Chucks, I have two ratty old pairs of white lowtops---and that is me. I am a Chuck Taylor low white tops personailty, denoting, I think, a certain mellow frame of mind. Cheri, of course, blew us all away with her CRYSTAL COVERED black Chucks.

I was thinking about this and noticed my slippers......I have two pairs of custom jobs: the grey mousikins and the red doggy slippers (yes, they are old and well loved, repaired, and YES, I had asked the missus to take ordinary slippers and make one pair into mouse and the other into doggy slippers). The missus has cheetah print (MEoooooW!). Wonder what this says about us??????????

So, it comes down to: what do your fuzzy slippers say about YOU?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine are grey, boiled wool, mules. They have a soft rubber sole so I don't have to worry if I need to step outside to let the dogs out or check the mail.

I miss my burgundy suede slip on's. They had great arch support. Hummmm - must see if I can find some on the web.

Karen said...

I've had the same "slippers" since college. Back when we started calling them "moon bootie-booties". I really don't wear them much, seeing as it's not usually cold here. But a few hours north in a dorm, I wore them a lot. The are Christmas red and green plaid with fake fuzzy white fur inside. And they cover my ankles. And on a cold day they are still heavenly.

Just Me said...

No slippers here. Wonder what that says about me? lol. Nope, never have liked them. When I am home I like no shoes on. Sock (or bare) feet here.

Cute slippers. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

not really cold.....what the heck kind of thing is that to say???? where on earth could a person be that isn't stinking 8 degrees the week before Thanksgiving??????

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize those mouse slippers. I think I've worn them!
EH

Karen said...

You know where I am, and you and the Missus have been invited to come visit!

cm said...

Sigh. Not only am I Chuck Taylorless, I do not have fuzzy slippers. I do, however, have two pair of moccasins, one of which were handmade from caribou.

Ellen said...

Who is Chuck Taylor and why are you wearing his sneakers? Fuzzy slippers? My feet would be hot as a freshly fired kiln in fuzzy slippers here. I wear birks...year round. I MUCH prefer Vibram Five Fingers, but injured my heel and had to give them up for a while.

I like your fuzzy slippers. Just aren't for me....

Anonymous said...

Fuzzy slippers? Darling, please. Nothing but boa-trimmed high-heeled mules around here. Diamond-studded, of course.

Unknown said...

Well, I have two pairs but almost always wear my 'Maxine's'. Anyone who knows the cartoon will probably remember her 'bunny slippers? They feature above all the white wooly fluff, a fongish sausage-like nose (pink), two round bright dark pink eyes and a pair of floppy white ears lined with pink. Adorable, and extremely funny, especially when worn by an old lady shuffling to open the front door and barking in her best Maxine style, "Whaddaya want?" Just kidding, but I really get an inward checkle at the obvious trouble some people have not to burst out laughing when they notice what I have on my feet You can see 'em online by googling Maxine. A treasured gift from one of my daughters.!

Anonymous said...

Sensible navy blue slipper-clogs, worn out but still on my feet at this very moment! My mother tells me they were hideously expensive. I think I'm going to order myself a new pair for Christmas, or maybe my birthday. Because what else would I want my dh to give me?

Glennis said...

alas, I've never acquired the slipper habit. Over the years since childhood I've had slippers given to me as gifts, but I've never sustained the habit of wearing them.

Close as it comes was a pair of green crocs that I wore around the house until I became embarrassed to even be seen with them in that limited exposure - and now I've got a pair of pink havianna flipflops that I wear in the mornings.

I just don't do slippers.