Thursday, November 27, 2008

le mojo: how Gary got his groove back



(pots and cookies by Gary Rith)
The studio has been so blasted cold all week things havn't gone well. Each day as the hands dip in and out of the cold water and the afternoon progresses, I would get to a point where my fingers would be so numb as to have no sensitivity and my fingers went through a piece each of the last 3 days, and I would quit... well, today I blasted the heat and things worked out very well. And these cute mugs came out of the kiln too.
Thanksgiving is low-key here, second to working. I put slips of paper into the hat with dessert possibilities like chocolate cake or apple pie, and she drew my triple chocolate cookies which she adores and she would probably kill for...

5 comments:

Hilary said...

By the looks of them, she wouldn't be alone. Yum!

Anonymous said...

We are having a low-key Thanksgiving as well!

Those cookies look good!!

cookingwithgas said...

heat your throwing water- I keep warm water close by- I hate throwing with cold water.
We checked off the dinner and are looking forward to pie.
Apple pie-
but I think my crew would trade for a few cookies!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Hey Gary - Deborah from themudpot.blogspot.com wrote once about using a crockpot to keep the water heated up for throwing. I thought that a very clever idea! The cookies look toooooo gooooood!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can understand Maude's fondness for triple chocolate cookies. My boys love a triple chocolate cake, but I might need to try out the cookie recipe...
Have you posted this yet?