Sunday, November 23, 2008

8 degrees at 4:51 on a Sunday :)

Sooooo Penny is rolling around cutely, as she does, little kisses and tail wags that means she NEEDS TO GO OUT. Ugh. I need to glaze pots anyway (I try to get glazing done early, so the kiln can be started and finished by bedtime---it is a 12 hour firing) and it is a busy time of year, what with doing some of Santa's work for customers, so I get up before 5 on a Sunday. Put on the parka over the jammies and go out in the snow with the dogs. The snow has that particluar crunchy sound to it, and I am thinking it is quite cold----and the thermometer tells me 8 stinking degrees. Luckily a hot triple espresso awaits (and the beagle climbs back into the bed with an empty bladder and full belly.....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 19 degrees here, Gary.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I have heard that San Diego is about 80 degrees and sunny every day of the year and wtf am I doing in the stinking snow belt????????

Jason, as himself said...

Hey, Gary. Thanks for satisfying your curiousity and stopping by The Jason Show! I appreciate your comment. I've been aware of who you are since Cheri had that pottery give-away a while back. And, any friend of Cheri's is a friend of mine.

I love your pottery!

And about the 8 degrees? I feel soooo, soooo sorry for you. I used to live in the mountains of nothern Utah, a very cold and windy place to be in the winter. I feel your pain.

I'll catch you later!

Wep said...

My little ones didn't get up until 6:30 today! WOO HOO!

Hilary said...

That squeaky snow was courtesy of Canada. You're welcome. :P

Anndi said...

There is nothing better than a beagle with an empty bladder.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Santa Gary is in his workshop working today. I need to order!! I've only got 4 weeks! Aaaahhhhhh....