Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Let's talk Christmas


Cornell is an old campus with old buildings. Williard Straight Hall is the rather huge building devoted to student food and fun. There is an ancient and beautiful movie theater in the lower level, dining rooms, an art gallery and the Pot Shop, where I teach ceramics, in a lower dungeon. The Christmas tree has just been put up in the lounge above the main entry, and it was just turning twilight last evening and it started snowing very hard and I think this is a very Christmassy scene (can you believe I am so lucky as to be able to make and teach pottery in this beautiful place?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely building

Anonymous said...

When I was a senior in high school we went on a trip w/ the 4-H to Cornell U. I remember walking around the grounds and touring one of the Veterinary buildings. (the building we went in had dog cadavers laying on the tables - ewwwww).

Did enjoy the grounds and the special feel it had.

Janet said...

That's where Professor Snape taught his potions lessons...

Miss Heather said...

It's so amazing you get to teach there. I love buildings like that. You rock!

Barbara Martin said...

Thanks for posting this photo. One of my ex-bosses in England took his law degree there, and he worked in the student newspaper. I've always wondered what Cornell campus looked like.