Wednesday, November 12, 2008

communion set?


(pots by Gary Rith)
I have been asked to audition items for a church's communion set, and had these kicking around the studio---approx. what they want. (I have made neumerous communion sets, for Episcopal and Lutheran churches and also items for Jewish services)
I glazed an elephant teapot this morning and I suspect I made a terrible mistake and now it is firing in the kiln and will be a mess tomorrow and as I walked Penny at one I realized how I could have fixed it, way too late of course. Dangit!
I exiled myself from the studio this afternoon in frustration and generalized pissed-offedness and cleaned the cat box and changed the water filter down in the dungeon and now I think I shall make some apple cake.

8 comments:

Lynda said...

That set is absolutely gorgeous!

Karen said...

Lovely communion set.

PEACE said...

Yea, but the elephant doesn't HAVE to go to communion Gary, he can stay home! Don't sweat the little stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice work there bud! Heck I'd even use that set at home every day! (well ok I kinda do with the other stuff of yours I have :) )

hmmm too bad this audtion wasn't a ways away.. bet we could come up with something blended of clay and wood for it!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely communion set. Now I'm trying to remember what ours looks like... the set in my mind looks like this only in browns, but that may be from our last church...
Obviously we move too often!

Aleta said...

Oh my - those are beautiful. So sorry that you had a bad day with the kiln...

g-man said...

The church ladies were impressed. (I think that they are secretly hoping that the stuff we just got breaks!) Although from what I have seen of it it will not take long.

Thanks again!! You do great work.

Bummer on the bad mood I hope that by now you are feeling better.