Thursday, November 20, 2008

GORILLA Pottery advertising


(OK, it should be guerilla, I know, but gorilla is funnier--bowls by Gary Rith)
So this early am just after walking the dogs in the SNOW and dumping the recycling on the curb, and before taking my cupcake to the store and work, I got an IDEA.
My cupcake works in a huge dept with zillions of students and faculty, and her desk is in SPOT NUMBER ONE, just like in the Office? Pam???????? On TV?
OK, Pam has a candy dish, and what if my wife had a candy dish, a CUTE ELEPHANT FULL OF CHOCOLATE and everybody who was taking a chocolate and admired the bowl, she could say (we rehearsed this repeatedly)
"oh, my husband is a potter and a teacher here, he made it and you can buy his stuff at the upcoming sale!!!!!"

I bought a few bags of chocolates and my plan is HATCHED and I may have to switch bowls around to keep interest heheheheheheheheheH!

13 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Gary, as you know I always have one of your cow bowls with chocolate kisses and tootsie pops at the register!
If you fill it with kisses- all the old men will say to Maude "can I have a kiss little girl?"

Gary's third pottery blog said...

heh.

Just Me said...

Great idea. I am in awe of all your work.

Anonymous said...

you were always a genius when it came to marketing. glad to see you haven't changed.

cookingwithgas said...

smart! get them with kisses from the misses.
I love the little love nest above this post- he is looking at the cat with a little puppy love in his eyes!

Anonymous said...

Very good idea. I was a receptionist for years and let me tell you, the CEO may be paid like he's most powerful, but the RECEPTIONIST is QUEEN. Knows all, sees all, hears all and, ultimately, controls all. Bwa ha ha ha! You should be selling bowls in no time.

Newt said...

Can I just take the bowl and leave the candy?

Excellent idea on your part. I would totally want to know where the cute elephant bowl came from.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea!

Gordo said...

Kissed from the missus ... Yep, I like that ... :-D

Anonymous said...

Super idea! Let us know how it works. (As if you wouldn't...)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

He-he-he. Good plan, my dear Man!

And, swapping bowls, say? Weekly? Another excellent plan.

A Beagle Bowl, An, Elephant, some Piggies? Maybe?

And, you might??? want to throw in a Santa or a Snow Man! ;-)

[Where are the Santa's Gary! You said!]

*snicker* Just messin' with ya!

Unknown said...

Not only does he do wonderful pottery, but what a sly boots in the sales end of it, too! And, applause to all fellow readers for way wonderful suggestions for boosting sales out of sight, and with such finesse.

Tink said...

These are freakin' adorable! Do you have any for sale?