Thursday, November 27, 2008

what does Thanksgiving mean?

Thanksgiving means, for me these last 11-12 years, firing the kiln and making piggy banks so that I can try to shake loose some bucks from shoppers in the coming days so that we can buy peanut butter and cat food all winter. Such is the life of the small box retailer!

Dreamt of my pal Gordo and his family last night. They had us over for beers, and as usual, Gord's two sons are charming hosts. And the dream hamster? he hasn't sprouted wings but he sort of stretched out like a flying squirrel to fly around in little swoops...

12 comments:

Fortune Cookies said...

Happy Thanksgiving Gary!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and you!

Just Me said...

Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all the Rith Family.

Do you take requests? I want a special mug and bank.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Happy Turkeyless day to you and yours!

I will look through your stuff while I am off......and put together an order. My fam and friends would love your tea-pots and we can't have your cats starving!

Cheers!

HTP

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Happy Thankful and Giving Day!

Curiousity hit me ath 3:00 a.m. this morning, when I made a little trip around the house and viewed the extremely thick fog out the window.

What will Gary and the Missus have for their Vegan Thanksgiving Day?

Would you share with us your menu? I'm really curious.

Oh, and I dreamt y'all came down and I had a hard time cooking for y'all. We had several meals of grilled veggies and veggie kabobs. :-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

sounds good to me!--the menu will be pictured and up after 6 or so!

cm said...

"small box retailer" Lovely descriptor.

Anndi said...

Have a wonderful day of thanks and may the fruits of your imagination provide for a bountiful purse.

Anonymous said...

may you have your best thanksgiving day ever!

Hilary said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the two of you and all your critters.. including that hamster.

Gordo said...

Happy Turkey Day, Gary! The door is always open. :-)

Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of you as my kiln retailer! ;)