Wednesday, November 26, 2008

today my little popcorn said to me:


Today my little popcorn said to me:
"It had nothing to do with being graceful. I wanted to be a ballerina!!!"

What you see here is several feet of lottery tickets. This is my little popcorn's advent calendar. I surprised her yesterday with this long string of numbered tickets which she can start winning from Monday. She will be in NY city visiting her sisters Friday through Monday, and I will be here keeping the cat box clean and trying to sell pots. And working and all the rest...

We invited my mom and dad for Thanksgiving but they were strangely not interested in coming to this all vegetarian-no-dairy feast we are planning for Thursday.

12 comments:

Gordo said...

That's a very cool idea, Gary. Good luck, Maude!

Uh oh ... My word verification is 'hopelas'

Just Me said...

Gary that is a cool idea. Sorry your parents weren't interested in your dinner. I on the other hand am hungry for popcorn now.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin pie made with liquid soy baby formula is pretty good...or so I'm told. It's definitely better than pumpkin pie made with almond milk, but we do what we can!
I confess, once EB outgrew his dairy & soy allergy, I went back to using sweetened condensed milk in my pumpkin pies.

That is a creative advent calendar... not sure what it has to do with the coming of the Messiah, but it *IS* creative! Props to you, Gary! ;)

Anonymous said...

gary, you always come up with the coolest ideas! i'm sure maude will win something...hopefully BIG!

i know your feast will be delicious. your parents don't know what they are missing. invite celeste and me :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

You are so funny and cute! You make me giggle! Fun trip to the Missus!

Safe and warm! (Let us know, if/when she wins something!!!!!)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

some advent calendars have a little chocolate each day, mine could have 500 bucks each day! has very little to do with Christ, everything to do with giving a gift

Lynda said...

Ooh - I like the idea of lottery advent calendars...we might have to do that!

Giggles said...

Fabulous idea Gary!! I might do that too! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles

Anndi said...

My Chicklet would smother me in my sleep if she didn't get her advent chocolates. But I like that idea!

So what's on the menu?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh ho! I'll tell ya later.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to know about that menu, too!
EH
PS-As for me, I'm going to a restaurant with one of my girlfriends. Neither of us has any family to share the holiday with, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
EH

Lou said...

I wanna go to the no-meat no-dairy feast!!! Do tell us what's on the menu. Neat idea on the scratch cards :)