Monday, November 10, 2008

Le petite apple pie




Strap yourself in, we're making little pies!!!!!!!

Years ago I cut out a magazine recipe for tiny little apple pies you can make with kids. I figured "I CAN HANDLE THIS". It is terribly easy, and meant to be baked with a child or two. Or no kids. Penny the beagle loves apples and she was mighty helpful.

4 mini apple pies
--needs flour, sugar, lemon juice, 2 apples, margerine, nutmeg, cinnamon

dump one cup flour and 1 tbs sugar into a bowl. Add six tbs margerine, and cut it all in together and mix. It will be crumbly. Add 2-3 tbs water one at a time and stir in. Try to form a nice ball in the bowl with your hands, then put into the fridge for 30 minutes, covered.

Cut up 2 small apples and mix in a bowl with 1 tbs flour, 1 tbs lemon, 1 tbs sugar and shakes of nutmeg and cinnamon. STIR!

Preheat oven to 350, grease 4 little custard cups. Take the dough and cut into 8 little bits. Line 4 of the cups with dough bits. Fill with apple stuff. Smack the dough bits remaining into 4 disks and cover each little pie. Bake 25-30 minutes, until it looks GOOD. I LOVE cinamon sugar and top each little pie with it when they come out HOT.

The kid part is in the mixing, the pressing the dough into the cups and the making little dough disks. This is a pretty foolproof recipe, as long as don't burn it by overcooking! That's why you set the timer......

9 comments:

tt said...

Yumm-O!!!!!!!!!! That lookd delish to the max!
Gotta try this fer sure.
Can the missus taste it?? I hope so.

Lynnea said...

That is fabulous! I see a baking day with the twins coming!

Anonymous said...

Can I have some???

Anonymous said...

How many did you save for Maude??? or did you and the 'kids', eat them all?

Hope the Mrs. gets a good nights sleep.

Anonymous said...

I hope this was a treat you shared with your wife. It might just be a Gary version of chicken soup! :)

Are you going to get this published in Root & Sprout? ;)

Mother of Invention said...

If it's foolproof, I should try it! You've got an advantage knowing how to muck around and press clay and all!
I'm coming to your house for some tea! Do I get to choose my own Gary mug?

Susan as Herself said...

Um, excuse me, but YUM.

Great, now I want apple pie before bed...

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Hey! What a great little dessert idea to have a gathering! Like, when my Dad and the boys come down right after Turkey Day!!!

YAY!

Janet said...

what a cool idea! I think I'll do it as a crisp, yum!