Sunday, November 16, 2008

my beloved said to me today:

My beloved little linguine said to me today:
"OK, these two retirees go on vaction to fish and rent a boat. They spend the day on the lake and the fishing on the other side is just fantastic and they're pulling in trouts one after the other.
Dick turns to George at the end of the day and says 'mark this spot so we can come back here tomorrow!'.
Dick and George pull up to the dock and Dick says 'That was great fishing, did you remember to markk the spot?' and George tells him 'yes I did! See, I put a bix red X right here on the side of the boat'
Dick is furious and yells at George 'you idiot, how do you know we'll get the same boat tomorrow?'"

So anyway, the dream hamster visited briefly last night. It had little glasses and was holding a book to its chest. Then I dreamt I was visiting a museum with my little linguine, but I was a heavy smoker. People were looking at me strangely, so I tried to tap the ash into my hand. WELL anyway....

5 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

You are truly the sauce to your little linguine-
Love the joke- in fact I think I know those guys....
A great believer in dreams. I don't remember mine like I use to. I miss them.
They are wispy and flitting

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I dream very vividly and it is usually entertaining, plus I have this pet hamster in my dreams....we aren't all that close though.

Gordo said...

BWAHAHAHA! I almost spewed coffee on my keyboard!

I dream, but I almost never remember them. Sometimes, I'll wake up remembering snatches of it but they quickly dissolve like smoke.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I have the same problem as Gordo, and it's maddening. I hate waking up and realizing I was dreaming and remembering I was really doing something fun and fascinating but WHAT? Nothing but those tiny little wisps turning to empty air as I try to grab 'em back. Wish I had a hamster, even if it is only in a dream. But I DO have my Momma Kitty, so that's enough. And how can I control the urge, please tell me, to give that adorable little beagle on the header a big smooch on the top of her head? She is soooo irresistibly sweet-looking.

Anonymous said...

So when you woke up, did you have a candle stub in your hand?!?